The DSN Traveller travelled in the public Matrix federation, which was the basis for a number of research activities and artifacts.
The DSN Traveller was part of Florian Jacob's master's thesis at the Decentralized Systems and Networking Services Research Group of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
Research Activity and Resources
- Poster Abstract: A Glimpse of the Matrix: Scabalitiy Issues of a New Message-Oriented Data Synchronization Middleware, Middleware Sessions and Posters 2019
- Extended Tech Report: A Glimpse of the Matrix: Scalability Issues of a New Message-Oriented Data Synchronization Middleware, Arxiv
- Anonymized Raw Data gathered from the DSN Traveller and used in the “A Glimpse of the Matrix” publications
- DSN Traveller explained for Matrix users
- DSN Traveller: Source Code
- Measurement Start Announcement in This Week in Matrix 2018-05-25
- Measurement End Announcement in This Week in Matrix 2018-09-28
Any questions? 🤔 Feel free to ask me (
in #traveller:dsn.tm.kit.edu! 💡
- Travis Ralston's Matrix Traveler Bot was used for getting the initial room list for the DSN Traveller.
synapse-workaroundbranches on his ruma forks used for fest were a great help to get ruma-client and synapse to talk to each other.
- The logo is the U+1f4bc 💼 “briefcase” emoji from Noto Color Emoji.
- This site is using the Solarized color scheme by Ethan Schoonover.