was appointed to the chair of "Decentralized Systems and Network Services" (DSN) in October 2003 and since then directs the DSN research group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (formerly University of Karlsruhe (TH)). In April 2017, Hannes Hartenstein was appointed by President Prof. Hanselka as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of KIT.
Memberships and Activities
- Member of the HRK-Commission "Digital Infrastructure"
- Member of the ARuS (Committee on Legal Affairs and Security of the DFN)
- Member of the Scientific Directorate of the Leibniz Institute for Computer Science Schloss Dagstuhl (until June 2018)
- Program Co-Chair International Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology 2017 (CBT '17)
- Technical Program Co-Chair 5th IEEE/IFIP Annual Conference on Wireless On demand Network Systems and Services (WONS 2008)
- Technical Program Co-Chair 1st IEEE Int. Symposium on Wireless Vehicular Communications (WiVeC 2007)
- Technical Program Co-Chair 3rd ACM Int. Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET 2006)
- General Co-Chair 2nd ACM Int. Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET 2005)
- since April 2017: Authorized CIO Representative (IV-B) of KIT.
- since October 2003: Professor at Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT) resp. University of Karlsruhe (TH). Member of the Faculty of Computer Science.
- 2003-2017: Member of the directorate of the Steinbuch Centre for Computing
- 1999-2003: Research Associate of Network Labs of NEC Europe Ltd. in Heidelberg. NEC's project manager for the BMBF-funded project 'Fleetnet', which deals with communication between vehicles based on principles of ad-hoc networks.
- 1995-1999: Scientific Staff Member at the Institute for Computer Science of the University of Freiburg with Prof. Dr. D. Saupe.
- 1998: Doctorate at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Freiburg.
- 1995: Diploma in Mathematics, University of Freiburg.